A quick list of what we believe makes the Carbone unbeatable:
1. Custom weaved 10mm carbon fibre tubes.
2. T6082 high grade alloy. Stronger and lighter than T6061
3. Vapour honed surface finish removes all machine marks.
4. MilSpec type III hard anodised.
5. Twin bearing set-up for smooth and precise detenting.
6 .Brass detent rings for long life and great feel.
7. Chemically etched stainless steel scales and marker rings.
8. Super strong and light (445grams)Looks and feels awesome.
9. Makes you happy every time you get to use it.
These materials and processes not only create a product that's awesome to use but a joy to own.
Posted by Unknown on 17th Oct 2015
I am returning to 360 spherical work after a many year break. I am using the Nikon D810 and the Nikon 10.5 fisheye lens with my new Carbone Panoramic Tripod Head. The new tripod head was sent pre calibrated for my camera lens combination, making it a truly out of the box ready to use experience. My first set of images stitched perfectly in PTgui without the need for any manual input control points. My favorite feature of the unit is the light weight. I am planning to try some multi-row pano stitching as well and will enjoy the units support for that. Great product!
Posted by Andrew on 6th Nov 2014
Well, if perfection were really to exist it would have to come from the minds of 360precision...and this one has to be pretty close. I've used my Ultimate for many years now and didn't imagine I could ever leave it behind, but the Carbone is so crazy light and strong (and adjustable) that there's just no contest. Carrying this thing around is a dream. I'll have to protect it more than I had to the Ultimate, which is built like a tank, but it's such a beautiful piece of technology that I can't help but want to protect it anyway. Highly recommended.
The most versatile panohead I ever had